In this episode, Hugh sits down with Judge Kathleen O’Malley. Judge O’Malley served as a judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio from 1994 to 2010, and since then as a judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Their conversation covers:
- Judge O’Malley’s educational and professional background.
- How did Judge O’Malley become a federal judge?
- Jury or nonjury litigation: from the judge’s perspective, which is better?
- What role does “charm” play in litigation?
- How did Judge O’Malley get interested in patent law?
- The Supreme Court’s decision in Google v. Oracle.
- District Court or Court of Appeals: for the judge, which experience was better?
- Why is Judge O’Malley retiring from the bench?
- And much more . . .